Managing your everyday banking will most likely
be a priority as you start your new life in Australia. You could
also start earning interest on your savings.
It takes less than
10 minutes to apply online for a Westpac
Choice and Westpac eSaver account. You can open your new Westpac
bank accounts and start transferring your money to your accounts
before you arrive. It's one less thing you need to think about.
A basic bank account for everyday transactions. You get:
- No monthly service fee for the first 12 months for new migrant
and expat customers, regardless of minimum monthly deposits.
- Unlimited transactions 1 across
Westpac branches and over 2,800 ATMs (cash machines).
- Online, Telephone and Mobile banking when you are registered
for these services.
- Option to link to a Debit MasterCard® 2 when you arrive in Australia.
- Ability to make payments and purchases using a linked cheque
book, when you arrive in Australia.
For new migrant/expat
customers - If you apply for a Westpac Choice account
before you arrive, we will waive the monthly service fee for the
first 12 months (currently $5 a month). After 12 months, this
service fee is waived when you deposit a minimum amount of $2,000
A high interest online savings account offering electronic
access and a higher interest rate to make your money grow
- No monthly service fee.
- Earn great interest - check out the current interest
- No minimum balance, transfers or fixed term.
- Unlimited Online and automated Telephone Banking transactions
once you have completed your identity check and we have received
your completed and signed Customer Account Opening form. 3
For more information about the Westpac Choice and Westpac eSaver
accounts including any applicable fees and charges, please read the
Deposit Accounts for
Personal and Self Managed Superannuation Fund Customers - Terms and
Ready to apply?
You must be able to answer YES to all the following conditions
to be eligible to apply for an Australian Westpac Choice or
Australian Westpac eSaver account:
- I am 12 years or older.
- I will complete my identity
check and arrive in Australia within 12 months of opening the
- I will make a deposit to my Westpac Choice within 6 months of
- I understand that I will not be able to withdraw any funds
deposited in to my account until my identity check is
- I am relocating to Australia for at least 12 months or I am
entering Australia on a student visa and I may be relocating for
less than 12 months.
- I have read and accept the account Terms and Conditions,
fees and interest rates.
Note: Within 12 months of opening this account
from overseas you should go to a Westpac branch in Australia to
confirm your Australian residential address (which cannot be at a
Hotel or Hostel) and contact details. If you do not do this your
account may be closed and any credit balance will be held by us
pending identification of the account holder(s) and confirmation of
their payment instructions.
What happens next?
- Once your application has been processed, we'll email you the
new account details within three business days and post a
Welcome Pack to your nominated address within 15 business
- Once you have your account details, find out how to transfer
your funds to Australia.
- Complete your identity check.